The Soviet SU-122-54 casemate tank destroyer.
SU-122-54 / СУ-122-54 / Object 600
The SU-122-54 is a casemate tank destroyer based on the T-54 tank chassis, it is armed with the 122mm D-49 L/48.4 main gun. 77 of these were made between 1954 and 1957. Currently, there is a SU-122-54 located at the Oruzhie Pobedy Museum of Military Technologies, Krasnodar, Russia. Crew of 5 (Commander, Gunner, Driver, 2 Loaders)
- Front Hull: 100mm
- Side and Cheek: 80mm
- Front Lower Glacis: 100mm
- Mantlet Shield: 100mm
- Mantlet: 100mm
- Mantlet Neck Shield: 50mm
- Mantlet Ring: 50mm
- Rear Case: 30mm
- Rear: 45mm
- Lower Side Hull: 80mm
- Top: 20mm
- Rear Lower Glacis: 20mm
- Bottom: 20mm
- Treads/Tracks: 18mm
Any treads/tracks placed on the hull served as a small addition of armour.
122mm D-49 L/48.4 main gun, equipped with 32 rounds.
14.5mm KPVT heavy machine gun. Shared 600 rounds with Coaxial.
14.5mm KPVT heavy machine gun. Shared 600 rounds with Pintle.
- Weight: Around 36 Tonnes.
- Engine: V-54-2 (V-12, Watercooled, Diesel, 520HP)
- Suspension: Torsion Bar w/ Hydraulic Shock Absorbers.
- Ground Pressure: 0.81kg/cm²
- Maximum Inclination 30°
- Maximum Fording Depth: 1.4m